From PRAGMA wiki
About PRAGMA STUDENT
PRAGMA STUDENT started from PRAGMA 22 (April 17-19 2012) in Australia and continued to work together to enhance development of a unique model to involve graduate students in PRAGMA scientific research teams.
To give graduate students the opportunities for learning leadership, research techniques and also providing networking opportunities. Make Student Network, Strengthen Student Research
Established with four active members from Japan, South Korea and U.S. with various backgrounds to speed up the decision making processes. * Meilan Jiang: Konkuk University * Taiki Tada: Osaka University * Uma Pavalanathan: Indiana University * Yuan Luo: Indiana University Current Steering Committee members * Meilan Jiang: Konkuk University * Yuan Luo: Indiana University * Quan Zhou(Gabriel): Indiana University Kohji Muraoka: University of Waikato (Advisory, CO-Chair of GLEON GSA) )
PRAGMA Students is mentored by a group of PRAGMA members. See details in Mentor and Project Lists.
1. Student Workshop - PRAGMA 23 student workshop (9th Oct 2012 Seoul, Korea) * Introduction to PRAGMA (Taiki) * Invited talks from PRAGMA leaders Shinji Simojo, Putchong, Cindy, Hongliang li, Peter * Student presentation (Guohua li – local student) - PRAGMA 24 student workshop (th April 2013 Bangkok, Thailand) * Introduction to PRAGMA (Yuan)
2. Poster Session - PRAGMA 23 Poster Session (10th Oct 2012)
3. Distributed Seminar - 1st Distributed Seminar - 2nd Distributed Seminar
4. Bi-weekly Skype Meeting - Aprill 2012 ~ pres
5. Global Collaboration - Joint PRAGMA, GLEON, and ASLO student workshop at 2nd ASLO annual meeting (2012.7) * ALSO - the Association for the Sciences of Limnology and Oceanography
Contact PRAGMA Students
Subscribe to the following mailing lists: Subscribe to PRAGMA Students List Subscribe to PRAGMA Students Public Announcements Email to PRAGMA Students List to start discussion.
PRAGMA Students Wiki PRAGMA Students Facebook Group PRAGMA Students Meeting Notes (Access Permission Required)
Article about GLEON GSA and PRAGMA collaboration